Since I have been too busy to post much, here is obligatory catch up post.
- I have had a lingering pneumonia for the last couple of weeks. Â Lots of fluids in the chest which means lots of coughing up said fluids. Â It has also meant a lot of sleepless nights. Â So tired right now. Â Being sick really antagonizes my neuropathy so not only am I in pain but I think it’s raining all of the time. Â From the pot into the fire I guess.Â
- While things are going forward at Stewart Properties, it is slow progress on many fronts. Â Some of the projects we have going will make a huge difference in the life of Saskatoon and are still really exciting. Â The key word in that is slow and with not much happening as we wait on architects, government, and then it will be financing; I decided to pick up another job this fall and am working at Don’s Photo where I get to play with and talk about cameras and photography every day. Â Its temporary but an enjoyable way to spend the day.
- No one comes in upset at a camera store. Â They are coming in because they a) have researched a product and want your opinion b) are so excited about a new camera they can’t sleep (it happens a lot c) are stressed because they broke their camera and are hoping you can fix it. Â If you can’t fix it, they know it’s their fault but if you can, they are very, very happy. Â (pro tip, hit the “Restore to default settings” button and see if that helps). Â Most people leave really, really happy.
- Favorite customers are on Thursday evenings when the hardcore camera enthusiasts come in to talk about things. Â It’s quiet and you have conversations about cameras, technology, film, and amazing vacation stories. Â One the other night ended with, “I took the picture and then the wolverine started to get closer”.
- My time slot on the Saskatoon Afternoon Show has now changed on Mondays. Â Instead of being on at 5:15 with Ian Goodwillie, I am now on with Bronwyn Eyre at 4:20 p.m. Â Expect us to get a bit more political. Â I am still on the air at 5:15 on Wednesdays.