Aaron Gordon of Sports on Earth watched 32 NFL games to determine the best and worst NFL announcers.
- After all is said, here are your Bad Commentator Awards:
- Worst Crew: Chris Myers and Tim Ryan
- Least-Bad Crew: Dick Stockton and Ronde Barber
- CBS vs. Fox: Fox has the less-bad crews, with 37 infractions per crew beating out CBS’s 45.
- Worst Prime-time Crew: Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden (ESPN)
- Worst Commentator: Dan Dierdorf
As I suspected, Chris Collingsworth (NBC) and Mike Maylock (NFL Network) do pretty well.
From Yahoo! Sportsâ€™ Jason Cole
Not only do you need to put a leash on Grudenâ€™s constant fawning over anybody who has ever worn a jockstrap, please put an end to the insipid pregame interviews that he does before Monday night games. Having Gruden sit there and pal around with guys like Romo would be great if Gruden actually got some information out of them or asked a decent question. Asking things like, â€œThis Cowboys-Redskins rivalry is real, huh?â€ does not qualify as a question nor did it illicit a good response. Gruden is best when heâ€™s reacting to a situation as if he were still standing on the sideline coaching a game. When heâ€™s in a programmed setting trying to convey a message, heâ€™s terrible.
A blog about urbanism, technology & culture.