As most of you know, I blog a fair bit about micro architecture and design over at the cabin blog. I often link to what I am posting over there but I havenâ€™t for quite a while. Here are a couple of architecture and design links that I think some of you may find interesting.
- There is a bunch of houseboat posts that now have their own label. A floating summer getaway appeals to me and even more so when I see these examples.
- I canâ€™t imagine how nice it would be to walk into this home office every day. 270 degrees of windows.
- I have been a fan of Modern Shed for years but the price is a little over the top (starting at $7,000 and going way up from there). Of course the other solution is to spend around $1,000 and doing it yourself. Wendy and I were at Saskatoon Co-op recently and they have a similar shed package for around $650.00 (without exterior siding). It is my favored design for an eventual bunkhouse at the lake.
- The English beach shack is a new concept to me but I really enjoy this design by studiomama. At 388 square feet, it has a little more space than our cabin but then again, we have probably 20 times more yard space.
- Since it is the weekend, check out this converted garage that has been made into a small weekend retreat