- I updated the Candidate tracking page here. With Jeff Jackson’s candidacy, Evan Drisner and Charlie Clark campaign websites.
- Jeff is a good friend of mine. I am just tossing that out there in terms of disclosure.
- A little shocked to read that Drisner singing the praises of Eric Olauson. Most would have considered Olauson a terrible councilor that contributed little to the city. He was unprepared for most meetings I watched, didn’t appear to have read his council packet, and was more interested in his version of partisanship than anything about constituents. Yes he was elected as a MLA but on the coat tails of the most popular Premier in provincial history.
- I have heard from several that Atchison’s fundraiser was not a success. Corporate tables sold out but where full of junior associates and staff and the individual seats were less then half full. Oddly enough people keep pointing out that Atch didn’t thank people individually or work the room.
- Atch isn’t marching in the Saskatoon Pride Parade again. I really wish this wasn’t an issue and that had done it before. He is invited every year and every year he comes up with a ridiculous excuse (or just is silent) on why he doesn’t do it. I’m not a politician but I too am missing the Pride Parade. Wendy, Oliver, Mark and I are hiking to Grey Owl’s cabin that weekend. We have attended in the past though.
- For those of you who say, “It’s his personal choice if he wants to attend the event.” Fair enough but no one forced him to run as mayor either. When you seek public office, there are certain obligations. As almost every Canadian mayor and politician has shown, marking in a Pride parade is an important part of that.
A blog about urbanism, technology & culture.