Somewhat related are 50 facts that the Telegraph posted about him. I left some of the ones I got a kick out of with my reflections coming afterwards.
- He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics
If I was McCain I would attacked him on this because everyone knows that Batman can kick both of their asses.
- He is left-handed â€“ the sixth post-war president to be left-handed
As a lefty, I expect some pro-left handed legislation to come about, we are due.
- While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
I know that makes him sound cool but let’s be honest, the guy is a White Sox fan. Most White Sox players even cheer for the Cubs.
- His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea
All American iced tea tastes like sawdust. If I am Stephen Harper I am concerned about this if I ever get invited to Washington.
- He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president â€“ he didn’t
I promised Wendy I wouldn’t go bald. Men occasionally make promises we can’t keep.
- He can bench press an impressive 200lbs
What’s sad is that his 40 time is probably faster than mine as well.
- He applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.
Haven’t we all.
- His favourite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees
Regardless of his politics, I would much rather be stuck with his iPod than John McCain’s iPod.
- He enjoys playing Scrabble and poker
Are any of us suprised that the man is a kick butt Scrabble player.
- He doesn’t drink coffee and rarely drinks alcohol
No wonder he ran for President, he felt out of place being sober on the Senate floor.
- He would have liked to have been an architect if he were not a politician
Everyone I know would have liked to be an architect rather than what we do.
- As a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine
He out Bill Clinton’d, Bill Clinton.
- He hates the youth trend for trousers which sag beneath the backside
Finally, common ground with John McCain.
- He repaid his student loan only four years ago after signing his book deal
This is why he won the youth vote, he knows our pain.
- He says his worst habit is constantly checking his BlackBerry
If this president thing doesn’t work out, he can always be a blogger.
- He wears $1,500 (Â£952) Hart Schaffner Marx suits
Don’t we all.
- He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes
What I want to know is what he wears on the basketball court?
- He was given the code name “Renegade” by his Secret Service handlers
Let me guess what John McCain’s nickname was… Maverick or Grandpa?
- He plans to install a basketball court in the White House grounds
Older guys like him make me mad. Not only does he get his own basketball court but he still has a game to go with it.
- His speciality as a cook is chilli
That had to be popular on the campaign bus.