Having raised Mark to the point where he is now in high school and with Oliver in Grade Two, I have some experience in Christmas shopping for school aged boys. You can read my gift guide for teenagers here and my ideas for what to get a school aged boy below. If you have any other suggestions or ideas, let me know in the comments.
Includes Batman, Man-Bat and Night Wing (who used to be Robin). You child will be saving Gotham non-stop with this set.
- Not a toy, a full-featured Fire tablet with a 7" IPS display and front and rear cameras. Add a microSD card for up to 128 GB of additional storage.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it for free. No questions asked.
- Unlimited, free access to 10,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games with 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited included
- Best-in-class parental controls allow you to manage usage limits, content access, and educational goals
This time it is Spiderman saving The Daily Bugle and J. Jonah Jamieson from certain doom. The only question I have is, will Peter Parker get a picture of Spiderman.
Nerf guns are all over our house. There is nothing quite like wandering down into my basement and being ambushed by both my kids. If you want to add to their arsenal of fun Nerf weapons that are good inside and out, consider the Nerf Mega ThunderBow Blaster. Five bullets and lots of fun.
- If you want to survive those ambushes, you may want to pick up one of these for yourself.
There are a great gift. Indoor hockey played on your knees has been a Canadian tradition for decades. So has mothers complaining about having to patch the knees of pants. Of course with them being sized or indoor use, they are perfect for when it is too cold to play outside.
The old classic is still around. It includes 86 all wood pieces.
If you don’t have your own Batcave, this is the second best thing.
How cool is this? An R2-D2 that projects the time onto the walls. “Help me Obi-Wan, you are our only hope of waking up on time.”
A great option for the kid who struggles to wake up is the Lego Star Wars Storm Trooper alarm clock. Plus nothing helps you sleep well than knowing you are beside an elite trooper who lost a key battle to a bunch of Ewoks.
- $24 from Amazon. If your child is superhero fan more than Star Wars, there are Batman and Superman Lego alarm clocks for $30
The New Nintendo 3DS XL system combines next-generation portable gaming with super-stable 3D technology and added control features. Take 3D photos, connect with friends, and enhance your gaming experiences with added amiibo support. The New Nintendo 3DS XL system plays all Nintendo DS games. Nintendo DS games will not appear in 3D. AC Adapter sold separately.
Kid Safe headphones have a volume limiter meaning that your child will not be at risk of hearing damage. Over the ear design also means that they won’t get headaches either. It’s a great add on to the Kindle Fire for Kids or the Nintendo 3DS XL
Despite the game being for players 10 and older, Oliver has been loving the game for a couple of years. Instead of getting your child a game that only they will like for a year or two, why not start them playing some games the entire family can play for a lifetime?
Remember your first H0 model train set? How about a set that is modelled after Colorado’s oldest scenic line? It combines rich history, spectacular views and stylish accommodations into a train that takes you on a 24-mile journey through the 1,000 Feet deep Royal Gorge. Passengers travel alongside the Arkansas River on a ribbon of rail for an up-close nature show deep in the canyon, observing bald eagles, blue heron, bighorn sheep, mule deer, and flora native to the gorge.
How much fun would any kid have opening this set on Christmas morning?
The Hohner is a handcrafted classical guitar with an Agathis top back and sides. This wood match-up creates a crisp texture to the overall sound of the instrument. The smaller scale of this instrument (considered 1/2 sized) is specially designed with the younger player in mind and is highly recommended for the players that are starting between the ages of 5-9. This instrument also comes equipped with light gauge nylon strings for easier fingering as to not discourage the first time player.
Utility Belt with Micro Spy Tools like a Micro Ear Light, Micro Listener, Micro Motion Alarm and Invisible Ink Pen on every surveillance mission
The coolest utility belt that doesn’t belong to Batman.
Because every great adventure needs a team and a two mile radius is very, very impressive.
- 2015 Edition | Men in Your Life | Women In Your Life | Brother-in-law | Teens | 5-8 Year Old | Explorers and Adventurers | Cooks & Foodies
- 2014 Edition | Men in Your Life | Women in Your Life | Brother-in-law | Teens | 5-8 Year old | Cooks &Foodies | Adventurer
- 2013 Edition | Men in Your Life | Women In Your Life | Teens | Explorers and Adventurers | Cooks & Foodies
- 2012 Edition | Men in Your Life | Women In Your Life | Teens | Explorers and Adventurers
- 2011 Edition | Men in Your Life
- 2000 Edition | Sports Fan | Explorers and Adventurers | Women in Your Life | Really Smart People |Toddlers| Men in Your Life | Geeks & Gadgeteers | Road Warrior