Some random thoughts…
- I really should not have filed a column for The StarPhoenix this week. Typing 800 words with a pic line in your hand hurts. It doesn’t start out that bad but after 200 or so words, it is agony. So when you read it Monday, envision me in pain and ignore the fact that it felt mediocre and forced to me.
- I don’t know how it happened but these arrived in the mail today. Well actually I do. Mark has been out with his Pentax K-x and now with his Pentax K-30 for up to six hours a day taking photographs of the city. He went down to the Lion’s Skatepark and instead of guys being upset that he was taking their photos, they were excited and all wanted to know where they could see his photos. Mark asked if I would help him design up and print out some business cards on blank stock. In the end it was cheaper and easier to do some cards up at Vistaprint so we did. This is what he came up with. He is thrilled with them.
- Mark is also talking about joining the Royal Canadian Navy for a three year tour after high school. To say that Wendy is unimpressed by this idea is an understatement. The phrase “rising tensions between NATO and Russia” does not go over well in our house.
- I haven’t really talked about it but I did order a new Pentax K-3 with a 18-135mm lens last week. I have been too sick to go out and use it but it did allow me to give my Pentax K-30 to Mark.
- Mark is thrilled with his “new to him” K-30 and I am looking forward to trying out my K-3 around town. First I need to get rid of the pic line in my hand.
- Everyone asks if I am going to make it. It’s been a week of injecting saline solution and antibiotics into my arm and the cellulitis is clearing up but it does that with oral anti-biotics. The problem is that it comes back as soon as they stop. So while it looks good, I really don’t know and won’t know for another couple of weeks.
- The pain is a lot less in the leg. Last week the dog licked me and I thought I would lose it. Tonight socks were able to come off with no pain. That is progress.