Since I have been too busy to post much, here is obligatory catch up post.
- I have had a lingering pneumonia for the last couple of weeks. Lots of fluids in the chest which means lots of coughing up said fluids. It has also meant a lot of sleepless nights. So tired right now. Being sick really antagonizes my neuropathy so not only am I in pain but I think it’s raining all of the time. From the pot into the fire I guess.
- While things are going forward at Stewart Properties, it is slow progress on many fronts. Some of the projects we have going will make a huge difference in the life of Saskatoon and are still really exciting. The key word in that is slow and with not much happening as we wait on architects, government, and then it will be financing; I decided to pick up another job this fall and am working at Don’s Photo where I get to play with and talk about cameras and photography every day. Its temporary but an enjoyable way to spend the day.
- No one comes in upset at a camera store. They are coming in because they a) have researched a product and want your opinion b) are so excited about a new camera they can’t sleep (it happens a lot c) are stressed because they broke their camera and are hoping you can fix it. If you can’t fix it, they know it’s their fault but if you can, they are very, very happy. (pro tip, hit the “Restore to default settings” button and see if that helps). Most people leave really, really happy.
- Favorite customers are on Thursday evenings when the hardcore camera enthusiasts come in to talk about things. It’s quiet and you have conversations about cameras, technology, film, and amazing vacation stories. One the other night ended with, “I took the picture and then the wolverine started to get closer”.
- My time slot on the Saskatoon Afternoon Show has now changed on Mondays. Instead of being on at 5:15 with Ian Goodwillie, I am now on with Bronwyn Eyre at 4:20 p.m. Expect us to get a bit more political. I am still on the air at 5:15 on Wednesdays.