I know what you are thinking, when did the Contextless Links return? Well, right now. I am going to be using them again as a place to empty out my notebook every day as a way to give some life to the site. If I post them here, I can also find them again when I need them. Still undecided if I will use Windows Live Writer or have delicious dump them here once a day.
- My wife endorsed Cam Broten for Saskatoon Massey Place. Camâ€™s election website is here. Personally on our block, NDP MLA Frank Quennell is running even harder than Cam so I may endorse him (our street is on the border for both ridings and Canada Post has issues with boundaries). Perhaps the ultimate endorsement for Cam is from the Saskatchewan Party who does not look to be running a serious campaign in the riding.
- 27.4% of US renters & 15% of those with mortgages spend more than HALF their income on housing
- Brian Toppâ€™s emphasis on political strategy makes him sound a lot like the political back room strategist he is. Of course Brian Toppâ€™s campaign makes we wonder how long it will be until we see Warren Kinsella declare for the federal Liberal leadership. If this happens, I wonder if Stephen Harper will be joining SFH on stage for the Liberal caucus Christmas party.
- Dave Hutton says that both Pat Atkinson and Henry Dayday are thinking of running for Saskatoon mayor in 2012. He also has this, â€œThe 2012 election, which is 13 months away, is shaping up to be interesting. There are rumours some prominent members of the business community are discussing running a slate of candidates. Former candidates Mike Bzowey, Ainsley Robertson, Mark Horseman,and Sean Shaw, all indicated theyâ€™re running for council seats.â€ I have heard the rumors of a business slate being run and I wonder if my sources are the same as Daveâ€™s. Of course the Mayor has alluded to the same thing as well.
- Putin says that Arctic shipping will soon rival the Suez Canal. In anticipation of this move, both England and France are preparing an invasion force.