- Why so few MP’s are capable of actually cutting a provincial or federal deficit :: Also, fighting deficits require pain.
- While reading about Ian Fleming, I found out that there are quite a few conspiracy theories about Rudolph Hess’ life and death. On a related note, check out the Wikipedia entry on Spandau Prison. I don’t know about you but I found myself smirking while reading how the imprisoned Nazi’s couldn’t get along with each other. I also found it interesting that Albert Speer designed a California summer home for a guard.
- I’ll just say it, Michael Jordan will be a horrible owner. He is a horrible personnel man, he was a horrible team president in Washington and his minority ownership in Charlotte has amounted to nothing. I feel sorry for Charlotte basketball fans… actually I don’t since they can always watch Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Wake Forest, NASCAR… it’s a tough market for the NBA since college basketball is so huge.
- Brandon Marshall was the real target of Darrent Williams’ killer :: It explains some of his difficulties he has had in Denver since then.
- When 13 pounds could mean millions of dollars :: I put on 13 pounds and I have to go and buy a new pair of pants. Sam Bradford puts on 13 pounds and it could mean tens of millions of dollars.
- Al Gore has an Op-Ed in the New York Times :: "Of course, we would still need to deal with the national security risks of our growing dependence on a global oil market dominated by dwindling reserves in the most unstable region of the world, and the economic risks of sending hundreds of billions of dollars a year overseas in return for that oil. And we would still trail China in the race to develop smart grids, fast trains, solar power, wind, geothermal and other renewable sources of energy — the most important sources of new jobs in the 21st century."