A couple of you have asked what my plan is for Jordon Cooper Outfitters as it hasnâ€™t made a lot of sense for some of you as to why I have done it and why I am only posting once a day. Here is the short answer.
- I am posting once a day because it is easy to set up a posting schedule with WordPress. Right now I have posts set up to go five days a week into early March which means that I donâ€™t have to worry about the site every day like I do with this one. As the content is added to the site, it will be formed into other content like gift guides, seasonal guides, and best of lists. Look for those lists to start as we start to escape winter and then for things like Motherâ€™s Day days like that.
- The site wonâ€™t be an instant success because there really isnâ€™t that much content. Itâ€™s funny because most of the questions that I get about blogging often deal with SEO stuff which is a craft that I have never cared about. Blogging is pretty simple. Write well, post it online and if people find it worthwhile, you will generate readers. Weâ€™ll see if people find Jordon Cooper Outfitters worth reading. If not, Iâ€™ll have learned a lot about a topic that interests me.
- The most encouraging stat about the site is the amount of people who have subscribed to the RSS feed.
- While I get a small commission from linking to Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, it isnâ€™t going to pay any bills. I may add some advertising but even with 1000 people a day coming by the site, that isnâ€™t going to pay very many bills either so there isnâ€™t a great business plan. If I add advertising, it will be discrete like what you would see on Kottke.org or The Morning News. There will never be ads all over any site that I curate. It will never ever happen.
- I will be trail testing some items this summer. Mark and I planning to hike to Grey Owlâ€™s Cabin this summer and I hope to hit Johnsonâ€™s Canyon as well in addition to a lot of mountain bike riding. Iâ€™ll let you know how those go.
- I am open to other people contributing to Jordon Cooper Outfitters. If you are interested, drop me a line.