This is late but we all need to deal with disappointment in our lives.
Memorable events for 2009:
- Heading to Chicago
- Thanksgiving weekend freezing at the lake
- Freezing at the cabin in late April with snow on the ground
Favorite books I read in 2009:
- The BLDGBlog Book
- The War by Ken Burns
- The Kennedys by Peter Collier & David Horowitz :: Quite good as it followed the family after RFKâ€™s assassination and the tragedy that kept following even the next generation of Kennedys.
- Why Your World Is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller: Oil and the End of Globalization by Jeff Rubin :: By far my most depressing read of the summer. He gave a more comprehensive explanation of the complexity of peak oil, the economy, and what the future is going to look like.
- The Invention of Air by Steven Johnson :: I reviewed it here.
- Liarâ€™s Poker by Michael Lewis :: I havenâ€™t laughed so hard reading a book like this in a long time.
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell :: Raw I.Q. and talent isnâ€™t enough.
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau :: Despite written in a writing style 150 years old, it was a great summer read and a perfect to be reading at the cabin.
Favorite TV Shows I watched in 2009:
Favorite movies I watched in 2009:
- Cue tumbleweed. I never watched a single movie in 2009. I bought a lot of movies but just never watched any of them.
Favorite food for 2009:
- I rediscovered my love of Shreddies.
Best Sporting Moments of 2009:
- Denver starts the season 6-0.
Worst Sporting Moments of 2009: