Just a quick update on Oliver
- The medication he is on is working and he hasnâ€™t had any seizures in a while.
- He had his EEG on Thursday which is no small deal for Oliver as he hates hats. At the lake this summer our biggest challenge was to put a hat on the kid. It went something like this. Hat goes on, hat comes off. Hat goes on, hat goes off. Hat goes on, hat gets tossed to the dog. Soggy hat goes on, hat comes off. Hat goes on, hat gets tossed out of the wagon. You get the idea. So the idea of a big hat with electrodes sticking out and then wrapped with gauze that Ollie could not take off was just about more than he could take. That being said, the tech did a good job of keeping Oliver pre-occupied with a Dora the Explorer DVD until Oliver was ready for a nap.
- The medication has no side affects for Oliver except he goes to bed around 7:00 p.m. instead of 8:00 p.m. It makes me wonder why they donâ€™t sell this stuff to all parents 🙂
- Oliver meets with a specialist on Monday morning at Royal University Hospital. The appointment is at 10:00 a.m. and with the current parking situation over there, Wendy will need to be there at 7:00 a.m. For those of you who have not been there, the already inadequate parking lot is being totally redone and most of it has been unavailable all summer which means that parking is almost impossible to find. Because the hospital is located in the middle of the University of Saskatchewan, it isnâ€™t as if there is a lot of parking available nearby. It has taken on average half an hour to find a spot. Of course the latest plan is to build a childrenâ€™s hospital attached to RUH which is only going to make the problem worse.
This is somewhat relatedâ€¦
- While the food used to be quite tasty in the RUH mall, it has gotten just horrible. When I was pastor of Lakeland Church, I used to spend time with the congregation in the hospital. I used to stop by early in the morning (and drop off a copy of the Star Phoenix) and then over supper time and give the family a bit of a break. I would eat supper with whoever was up there and it wasnâ€™t bad. Since then it has gotten both expensive and horrible. Mark and I had a cold hot dog the other day while the doctors were looking at Oliver. I brought Wendy back a wrap that she could not eat. Does no one from the heath region eat that food? I know itâ€™s salt reduced but all of the salt in the world isnâ€™t helping this food.