The other day I took a shot at Flint, Michigan in a blog post and the next day I got a friendly comment from someone who works for Flint Tourism pointing out that I may have over looked some of Flint’s characteristics. Now I wasn’t really trying to be mean to Flint, I was just trying to point out that when factories shut down, cities really struggle as Flint did as General Motors pulled back production from the region.
So to be fair, here is a more balanced look at Flint.
It is home of the University of Michigan-Flint campus.
It’s home to the Flint Tropics
I was suprised to learn that General Motors still has a presence in Flint
- GM Truck Group, Flint Assembly
- GM Powertrain Flint North
- GM Powertrain Flint South
- GM Flint Metal Center
- Delphi Flint East
- Delphi Technical Center Flint (closing 4Q 2008)
- GM Flint Tool & Die
- GM Grand Blanc Weld Tool Center
- GM Service Parts Operations warehouse, Swartz Creek
- GM Service Parts Operations processing center, Burton
- GM Service Parts Operations World HQ offices, Grand Blanc Twp.
- GM Service Parts Operations offices, Great Lakes Tech. Center, Flint
There you go.